Saturday 2 June 2007

June 1st and 2nd

Day 33 June 2nd

On the 2nd May I heard news of Maisie's death, today I heard the news that John had died. Went to see I.

A pottering sort of day. Wrote up my prayer diary for June and worked on the Blog. Topped up bird feeders in my own garden. Did a bit of shopping including two weeks of Baptist Times and a Telegraph with a free Elgar CD.

Bev and I did some food shopping.

Earlier we had watched The Derby and were taken with the Trainer's response one moment leaping for joy and the next overcome with emotion and in tears.

Didn't the Lord say something about joy in heaven? How restrained we are as Christians!


Day 32 June 1st

This day I died and went to heaven! Not actually - Bev, who is much improved, and I attended a concert in Symphony Hall Birmingham. It was a performance of The Dream of Gerontius to mark the 150 anniversary of the birth of the composer Sir Edward Elgar. It was a remarkably moving experience. A vast choir and orchestra transported us on a journey into the presence of God. For me the pinnacle was the choir singing Praise to the Holiest. (This is not the traditional hymn tune but the words as written by Newman but set by Elgar to his music). I found the work very reassuring spiritually. One almost looks forward to death if it is accompanied by such glorious music. This link will take you to a site which explains a little about the work http://www.elgar.org/3geront.htm

Earlier in the day I had my first visit with a Human Givens Therapist in Birmingham. If you want to know more about the scientific basis for HG Therapy I suggest you follow the link to the website. http://www.hgi.org.uk/index.htm

So one month completed!

No comments: